£75000 - £85000 per annum + Excellent benefits package
Solution Architect (Mobile Communications / voice & Broadband) is required by my client to work on a large scale Government programme the Emergency Services Mobile Communications Programme (ESMCP) which is a cross departmental, multi-agency Programme based within the Home Office to:
* Deliver critical mobile voice and broadband data communications services to the three Emergency Services (3ES) and other public safety bodies from mid-2017
* Ensure a smooth operating and commercial transition between current and future communications servicesThe Programme has representation from the 3ES at both operational and departmental levels, HMT, CO and Welsh and Scottish Governments.
The role holder will provide technical support to the TDA (AGA) in enabling the design and delivery of solutions required by 3ES stakeholders for Air-Ground-Air (AGA) communications. Specifically, the role holder will focus upon the development and delivery of an Aircraft Radio System (ARS) under the direction of the TDA(AGA). The role holder must be able to work effectively in a multiple disciplined team to enable successful design, procurement, delivery and acceptance of solutions.
* Develop and agree the technical options/approach for the ARS.
* Develop and agree 3ES User and ESMCP business requirements for the ARS, based on workable system designs/models, in line with ESMCP technology and business strategies.
* Evaluate and undertake impact analysis on major design options with the MS supplier. Assess and manage associated risks and issues. Ensure that the system design balances functional, service quality, cost and systems management requirements.
* Develop technical and performance evaluation criteria for the ARS.
* Ensure that technical interfaces between the US, MS and ARS supplier are effectively managed.
* Manage and run trials and early development test activities with the ARS and AGA LTE service suppliers.
* Review proposed supplier designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology and interfaces into to the overall AGA and ESN solution design.
* Ensure appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensures are applied effectively.
* Assisting with the preparation of delivery plans.
* Provide advice on technical aspects of systems development and integration and ensure compliance with Government Technology and Digital strategies.
Key Experiences and Qualifications:
* Strong track record as a Systems Engineer or Solutions Architect with detailed understanding of modern mobile (including TETRA and LTE) communications systems and technology, with the ability to design and implement end-to-end solutions
* Understanding of the specific technical requirements associated with the airborne environment
* The ability to lead and work in multi-disciplinary teams, bring together people and views to inform decision making, and be willing to support work that isn't part of your core role
* Expertise in the development of architectures based on common processes and technical components
* Integration and test experience
* Strong stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
* The ability to design systems that comply with national and public sector standards
* The ability to create and/or follow design patterns across departments and across government.
* Working knowledge of modern mobile device/handset technology architecture
* Degree/HNC level qualification
* Knowledge of systems modelling methodology, e.g. UML, TOGAF etc.
* ITIL/Prince 2 foundation level knowledge
Key Competences and Behaviours:
* Seeing the Big Picture
* Delivering at Pace
* Leading and Communicating
* Making Effective Decisions
This is a fantastic oppotunity to secure a role within a large scale programme, please send your CV in the first instance and you will be contacted with full role information. As this is a Government programme all candidates need to be eligiable for Security Screening.
Logic Engagements Ltd is a leading provider of IT staff to clients, consultancies and to product suppliers/authors.
Our consultants deliver a highly professional service, always backed up by our team of specialist resourcers who are all experienced in their own markets. This ensures that we fully understand our clients' requirements and our candidates' skills and needs.
If you have the relevant skills and experience for this position we would welcome your application, however please note that we often receive high levels of responses to our advertisements so can only immediately respond to those that are a close match. .
Logic Engagements Ltd operates as an employment agency and employment business.